If I am not eating a salad for lunch I am eating a sandwich. And that sandwich is often a wrap. A sandwich all wrapped up in a tidy handheld easy to eat wrapper. What’s not to love!
The fast and easy way to make wraps are with processed meats, but you’d be missing out on a lot of flavor. Instead, try this tandoori chicken. Tandoori chicken is roasted chicken marinated in yogurt and spices typically in a tandoor. But, it can be made easily in the oven. I should warn: A lot of spices go into the marinade.
Start by marinating two chicken breasts in a spicy yogurt: Using a food processor pulse together a half cup of plain yogurt with two teaspoons oil, one shallot, 1/2 lemon juiced, and a fourth a teaspoon each of ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg. Add two garlic cloves, two teaspoons of cumin and coriander powder, a third teaspoon of cayenne pepper and smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste.
Spread marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Take chicken out of the refrigerator. Shake off excess marinade reserving the marinade. Bake the chicken in a preheated 350°F oven on a rack over a tray lined with foil. After 20 minutes spread more marinade over the breasts. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven, spread with additional marinade and spray with oil to give it a nice brown finish. Bake for a final 10 minutes. Remove and let rest until cool enough to handle. Slice the chicken.
On a cutting board lay out four flour tortillas or your favorite wrap. Spread with a cucumber yogurt sauce. I used the same tzatziki sauce from the Gyro Burger Recipe replacing the dill with fresh tarragon. Layer with the sliced chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with feta cheese and crumbled bacon. In a small bowl toss mixed greens with a tarragon vinaigrette. Spoon some of the lettuce over the chicken. Wrap into a tight burrito and enjoy!
I like to serve them with a Green Goodness Salad on the side. So Good! – Ella
• 1/2 cups plain yogurt
• 2 teaspoons oil
• 1 shallot
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1/4 teaspoon each: ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• 2 teaspoons coriander powder
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Black pepper
• 2 chicken breasts
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Spread the yogurt mix over the chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a tray with foil and place a rack on the tray.
- Remove chicken from the Marinade, reserve marinade, and place on the rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes, spread with additional marinade.
- Bake 10 minutes. Take out of the oven. Spread with marinade. Spray with oil.
- Bake for a final 10 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.