I love the freshness of dill and there are two things that blend well with dill: eggs and salmon. Well, three if you include pickles. For today’s breakfast, I’m blending dill, smoked salmon, and eggs. I will leave the dill pickles for another time. This is a fresh and tangy breakfast that awakens the senses and gets your day off to a great start.
In a large bowl crack in 8 eggs, 1/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped dill. Whisk until blended.
In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-heat until melted. Pour in the eggs and gently fold and break up eggs forming large soft curds.
Add 4 ounces each of whipped cream cheese and flaked smoked salmon. Gently stir until the cheese is melted and blended into the eggs.
Serve with multigrain toast and serve immediately. – Ella
Smoked Salmon & Dill Scramble
• 8 eggs
• ¼ cup milk
• 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
• 4 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
• Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add milk, and dill. Whisk until blended.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium-heat until hot. Pour in eggs.
- As the eggs begin to set, gently fold and break up the eggs, forming large soft curds.
- Add the cream cheese and smoked salmon and gently stir until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.