I adore omelets. They are so easy to make, you can have them any time of the day, and you can put just about anything in them. I mean, go crazy! Add those veggies, combine those cheeses, and chop those herbs. They are all good in an omelet!
No matter what you add to your omelet always start with a delicious omelet. Whisk fresh eggs in a medium bowl until yellow with no white strands remaining.
Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet. Butter is not only used to prevent sticking but, it adds flavor to the eggs. Always use real butter.
Pour the eggs into the skillet and salt and pepper to taste. Using a rubber spatula, as the egg cooks lift egg and tilt pan allowing the uncooked egg to run underneath.
When the eggs begin to coagulate, about 2 minutes, shake the skillet to settle any uncooked egg. The eggs will be cooked through underneath but still runny on top. When ready take the pan off the heat and let sit for a minute.
Now they are ready to fill with whatever yummy-ness you supply. For this recipe, I’m using asparagus and parmesan cheese. Blanch 2 asparagus spears in a pot of salt water for 5 minutes, or until tender. Place the asparagus down the center of the egg and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, to taste.
Using the spatula, gently roll up the omelet over the asparagus. Set omelet aside.
Toast a butter a piece of Parmesan and Rosemary Bread.
Position the omelet on the toast. Top with a slice of prosciutto. Serve immediately. So Good! – Ella
Prosciutto & Parmesan Cheese Omelet
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature,
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• 2 asparagus spears
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 ounce parmesan cheese
• 1 slice of parmesan and rosemary bread, toasted
• 1 slice of prosciutto
- Blanch asparagus in a pot of boiling salt water.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour eggs into the pan and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir eggs quickly and constantly scraping the sides of the pan as you go.
- When the eggs begin to coagulate, about 2 minutes, shake the skillet to settle any uncooked egg. Lift an edge of the omelet to check that it’s holding together. If ready take the pan off the heat and let sit for a minute.
- Place the asparagus in the center of the eggs and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Gently begin to roll the omelet over the asparagus. Set the omelet aside.
- Toast and butter the bread placing the omelet on top of toast.
- Top with the prosciutto.
- Serve immediately.