Tacos! Buffalo Sauce! Blue Cheese Dressing! Tie all that in with healthy cauliflower and you have a wonderful Meatless Monday dish that tastes so good the hubby will not growl, “where’s the meat?” Well not as much as usual anyhow.
Start by roasting 1 head of cauliflower that has been separated into florets. Toss the cauliflower with 1/4 cup olive oil. Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
In a small saucepan melt 1 stick of butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. Whisk well to combine. Add salt to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven and pour the buffalo sauce over cauliflower. Place back in the oven with the tortillas wrapped in foil and roast an additional 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl whisk 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup blue cheese, 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
Spoon some blue cheese dressing on the bottom of a warm tortilla shell. Scoop some cauliflower down the center. Garnish with celery and carrots.
If you have young children, this might be too hot for them. But if you love buffalo wings you will love this dish! A wonderful way to use the cauliflower from the garden! – Ella
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
• 1 head of cauliflower, separated into florets
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup of butter
• 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce
• 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
• 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• Salt to taste
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• Sliced celery
• Shredded carrots
• 8 corn, or flour, tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil. Spread onto a baking pan and roast for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the hot pepper sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder. Whisk well to combine. Add salt to taste. Bring to a simmer. Add the cauliflower. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk the sour cream, blue cheese, milk, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Pour buffalo sauce over cauliflower and place back in oven. Wrap the tortillas in foil and add to the oven. Roast for an additional 5 minutes.
- Assemble the tacos. Spoon some blue cheese dressing on the bottom of a tortilla shell. Scoop some cauliflower down the center. Garnish with celery and carrots.
- Serve immediately.