Tonight’s meal is one of my favorite garden-to-table summer dishes. Easy to prep, ready in 15 minutes, and filled with fresh goodness. Defrost some ribeye in the refrigerator. Around dinner time go to the garden and pick some corn, green beans, and potatoes. Bring in the house, wash, cut, and get ready to sear up some ribeye and grilled vegetables.
Coat 2 ribeye steaks with your favorite seasoned salt and pepper rubbing in the seasonings to create a nice layer. I use McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning. It’s heavy on the pepper, but it really brings out the flavors in a steak.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Once the butter starts to brown add the steaks. Let cook undistributed for 4 minutes to get those great steak marks. Flip the steaks and cook undistributed another 4 minutes.
While the steaks are cooking, add 8-10 halved fingerling potatoes, cut corn from 2 ears, and 1/2 pound of green beans to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes have a little give when forked. Remove from microwave. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a clean skillet over medium heat. When hot add the vegetables and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft completely.
Remove the steaks from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
Stir 2-4 tablespoons of crème fraiche into the vegetables. Divide between two serving plates and add steak.
Simple, quick, and delicious! – Ella
Seared Ribeye and Vegetables
• 2 ribeye steaks
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Seasoning Salt
• Seasoning Pepper
• 12 fingerling potatoes, halved
• 2-3 ears of corn, cut from the cob
• 1/2 pound green beans
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 4 tablespoons crème fraiche
- Generously coat steaks with a layer of seasoned salt and pepper
- Rub the seasoning into the beef.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter.
- Once the butter just starts to brown, add the steak. Let the steak cook for 4 minutes undisturbed to ensure you get those nice grill marks.
- Flip the steaks. Cook undistributed for another 4 minutes.
- While the steak is cooking place the potatoes, corn, and green beans in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 5 minutes, or until potatoes are easily poked with a fork.
- Remove the steak from the grill pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- While the steak is resting add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to grill pan. Salt and pepper the vegetables and add to the grill pan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are brown.
- Transfer the vegetables back to the bowl and add the crème fraiche stirring to mix in.
- Serve immediately.