These berry pancakes are packed with chunks of juicy strawberries and delightful blueberries in every bite and so light and fluffy you’ll think you’re eating cake. What a great way to start the morning!
Before you start, try to make a deal with another person in your household that if you cook they’ll do the dishes. You’ll thank me for this piece of advice once you see all the bowls.
In a medium bowl toss 1 cup of fresh, cubed strawberries, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, and 1 tablespoons of dry strawberry gelatin.
In another medium bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon dry strawberry gelatin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
In a large bowl whisk 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Stir in flour mixture just until combined. It’s all right if the batter is still lumpy. Gently fold in fruit.
Spay a griddle, or large frying pan, with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle, making a few pancakes at a time.
Cook until bubbles burst. Turn and cook until underside is golden. Remove from skillet and repeat with the remaining batter. Reapply cooking spray as needed.
Top with cool whip, maple syrup, fresh fruit, sage honey butter, confectioners’ sugar, or a combination thereof. – Ella
• 1 cup strawberries, diced small
• 1/2 cup blueberries
• 2 tablespoon strawberry gelatin, divided
• 1 cup flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 egg
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toss strawberries and blueberries with 1 tablespoon of dry gelatin. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 tablespoon dry gelatin, and salt.
- Whisk egg, milk, and melted butter in large bowl until blended. Stir in flour mixture.
- Ladle batter onto hot griddle or into hot skillet sprayed with cooking spray, using 1/3 cup batter for each pancake; cook until bubbles form on tops, then turn and brown other side.
- Serve immediately.