This week’s salad works great as a standalone salad or a healthy side dish. I call it the Green Goodness Salad because that is what it is. Grilled green vegetables on a plate of field greens that is packed full of healthy nutrients drizzled with a homemade tarragon vinaigrette.
Wash and pat dry a zucchini and a bunch of asparagus. Cut the zucchini into diagonal slices. Cut about an inch off the asparagus bottoms. Slice the spears into 3” slices. Place the vegetables in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of fresh chopped tarragon and toss with two tablespoons of olive oil.
Warm a grilling pan over medium-high heat. Lay the vegetables in the pan. Do not overlap. Cook 3-5 minutes undisturbed to get those nice grilled lines across the vegetables. Turn and cook another 3-5 minutes. Remove to a plate and cool slightly.
Place field greens in a salad bowl. Layer the vegetables over the greens. Serve with a tarragon vinaigrette.
So Healthy and Good! – Ella
• 4 teaspoons Sherry vinegar
• 1 tablespoon minced shallot
• 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Whisk together the first five ingredients in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Whisk in tarragon.