Today instead of chopping lettuce into a bowl and adding veggies I am wrapping the lettuce around vegetables that have been cut into julienne strips. I call this the matchstick salad. This makes a very good busy workday lunch that can be eaten at the desk with no mess.
Slice a grilled chicken breast, cucumber, carrot, and green onion into long thin julienne strips.
Lay four cleaned Boston lettuce leaves that have been patted dry onto a plate. Layer with sliced chicken and vegetables.
Garnish with alfalfa sprouts, or chopped broccolini, and chopped cashews. Drizzle with your favorite dressing. Fold into a taco and enjoy! – Ella
• 6 Boston lettuce leaves
• 1 chicken breast, grilled
• 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, julienne
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• Alfalfa sprouts
• Chopped cashews
- Slice the chicken into long thin strips. Divide and place in the lettuce leaves.
- Slice the cucumber into long julienne strips. Layer over the chicken.
- Slice the carrot into long julienne strips. Layer over the cucumber strips.
- Slice the green onion into long thin slices. Layer over the carrot strips.
- Sprinkle with some alfalfa sprouts and chopped cashews.