Want to make rotisserie chicken at home with that nice slowly rotated roasted flavor throughout? Put a chicken it in a crockpot add some spices and walk away.
This works better than roasting in the oven because the herbs slowly sink deeper and deeper into the chicken and come out so tender.
I like to make this on the weekend so I can have delicious wraps and sliced chicken sandwiches for lunches throughout the week.
Toast a slice or two of natural whole wheat bread. Spread with mayonnaise, top with sliced tomatoes, and place sliced chicken over tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve with a small side salad.
I love this chicken so much that I no longer buy lunch meat which is not only healthier for me but so much tastier. Let me know what you think. So Good! – Ella
• 1 whole chicken, 3 1/2 – 4 lbs
• 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine the tarragon, rosemary, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in large crockpot.
- Sprinkle the seasoning spices over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 – 9 hours. Do not add water.
- Carefully remove chicken from pot. Place on a large cutting board and let cool.
- Slice and/or dice the chicken to be used throughout the week.