Tonight try this light meal, Mahi coated in a parmesan and herb breading drizzled with lemon verbena butter with a promise of full flavor in every bite. Serve it with a simple dish of zucchini and red peppers. Crank up the wow factor by spiraling the zucchini. Simple, easy, delicious!
In a blender combine 1/2 stick of butter, the juice from 1/2 a lemon, and 2 – 3 lemon verbena leaves. Blend well. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
Rinse and pat dry Mahi fillets. Salt and pepper to taste.
In a small bowl mix 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs, ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and 1 teaspoon dried oregano. Place in a shallow dish.
Using a fork beat the whites from 2 eggs until foaming. Pour into a shallow dish.
Dredge the fillets in the egg whites shaking off excess egg. Coat with the breadcrumbs. Place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Melt a few pats of lemon verbena butter in the microwave. Drizzle over the fish.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the fish is opaque in the center.
While the fish bakes: slice, or spiral, 4 – 5 zucchinis. Chop 1/4 cup red pepper. Melt a tablespoon of lemon verbena butter in a skillet. Toss in the zucchini and red peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Serve the zucchini with the fish and serve immediately. So Good! – Ella
Parmesan-Crusted Mahi in Lemon Verbena Butter
• 4 tablespoons butter
• Juice of 1/2 a lemon
• 2 -3 lemon verbena leaves
• 4 Mahi fillets
• 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 2 egg whites
• Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender add the butter, lemon juice, and lemon verbena. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, and oregano. Place in a shallow dish.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy. Place in a shallow dish.
- Dip the fillets in the egg whites and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Melt 2 -3 tablespoons of lemon verbena butter in a microwave. Drizzle over the fish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork and opaque in the center.