Need a quick and easy dinner recipe that is healthy and sure to please? I love this smoked honey ginger glaze that offers a hint of sweetness wrapped around a nice smoky essence. When brushed on salmon the honey brings out the meaty taste in the salmon for a richer taste. Served with winter veggies readily available this will become a family favorite.
In a small bowl add some honey and a little liquid smoke. Blend until smooth. Add the juice of one lemon, a couple tablespoons of warm water, grated fresh ginger, and minced garlic. Whisk until well blended.
Pour the honey into a baking pan arranging salmon fillets skin side up over the honey. Let stand for 20 minutes.
Turn the salmon over and sprinkle with salt Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 7 minutes.
Remove from oven and brush the salmon with the honey. Broil for 7 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
While salmon cooks, sauté the vegetables. Warm olive oil in a sauté pan. When the oil is hot add diced sweet potatoes, diced potatoes, carrots and quartered potatoes. You want an even color of orange and white so dice potatoes accordingly. Sauté for 5 – 7 minutes. Add sliced celery stalk, sliced shallot, and 2 – 3 stems of tarragon to the pan. Sauté for 5- 7 minutes more.
On a plate drizzle some of the honey from the pan. Spoon vegetables on a plate. Top with salmon. Serve immediately.
This is seriously good! – Ella
Smoked Honey Ginger Salmon
• 2/3 cup *smoked honey
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons warm water
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
• 2 sweet potatoes, diced
• 2 potatoes, diced
• 2 celery stalks, sliced
• 2 shallots, sliced
• 2-3 stems of tarragon
• 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine smoked honey, lemon juice, water, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour honey mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; arrange salmon over honey, skinned side up. Let stand 20 minutes. Turn salmon over; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush fish with honey mixture; broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Sauté vegetables. Warm olive oil in a sauté pan. When the oil is hot add sweet potatoes and potatoes to pan, sauté for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add celery, shallots, and tarragon to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes more.
*Mix 1/4 teaspoon of liquid smoke to honey.