This is an awesome salad that packs easy for a great work lunch. It’s packed with greens, carrots and red pepper to add some beautiful color, and its loaded with nutrients. Stir in some quinoa and mix it with an almond Thai sauce that makes the salad!
Wash and thoroughly dry the veggies beforehand.
In a medium saucepan add one cup of quinoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook 15 minutes. Let cool. I like to use an organic tri-color quinoa to add more color to the salad.
Chop kale in a food processor to resemble rice.
Chop 2 cups of brussel sprouts in a food processor.
Peel and shred 2 large carrots.
Chop purple cabbage in a food processor. Dice one red pepper. In a large bowl mix the cooked quinoa, kale, brussel sprouts, carrots, cabbage, and red pepper.
In a blender place, 1/2 cup creamy almond butter, the juices from one tangerine and lime, a diced jalapeno pepper, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, and 3 tablespoons Aji-Mirin and pulse until smooth.
Pour over salad and mix together. Enjoy! – Ella
Kale Quinoa Salad
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups water
• 1 bunch kale, shredded
• 2 cups brussel sprouts, shredded
• 2 large carrots, shredded
• 1 small purple cabbage, shredded
• 1 red pepper, diced
Almond Thai Sauce
• 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
• Juice of 1 tangerine
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
• 1/2 cup coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
• 3 tablespoons Aji-Mirin
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until translucent and the germ has spiraled out from each grain. Let cool.
- In a large bowl add the cooked quinoa, kale, brussel sprouts, carrots, cabbage, and red pepper, toss together.
- Place the sauce ingredients in a blender, or food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour over salad and mix.