My power ‘go to’ lunch when I’m feeling sluggish and have a long day ahead of me is a smoked turkey wrap with kale on the side. It’s a light and easy lunch packed with protein to keep me going.
Get out the ingredients. Wash and thoroughly dry the kale removing the stems. Chop the cashews and shred the parmesan.
In a large sauté pan heat a tablespoon of oil.
Add the kale.
Toss in a half a cup of chopped cashews with some salt and pepper to taste.
Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the kale is a deep green. Take off heat. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan.
Prepare the wrap using a 12” flour tortilla, or your favorite wrap. Spread mayonnaise on tortillas. Add sliced smoked turkey, leafy lettuce, and sliced avocado. Roll into a wrap
Serve with the kale and a glass of iced tea. Feeling strong and ready to rule the afternoon board meeting yet? – Ella
Smoked Turkey Wrap with Kale on the Side
• 1 bunch of kale
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
• 1 ounce parmesan, shredded
• 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
• 4 leaves of red leaf lettuce, or other leafy lettuce
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 2 flour tortillas, 12”
- In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil. When warm add the kale, cashews, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sauté stirring with a wooden spatula for 5 minutes, or until the kale is a deep green. Take off heat. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan and additional cashews.
- Lay tortillas on cutting board, or clean surface. Spread with mayonnaise. Divide the turkey between the two and top with lettuce avocado slices.
- Roll into a wrap.
- Serve with the kale.