Chicken breast stuffed with spinach, sundried tomatoes, andouille sausage and parmesan cheese. Served with a creamy creole spiced sauce. A beautiful dish that is both unique and delicious!
Wilt some spinach in the microwave, or on the stove. Add slivered sun-dried tomatoes, diced andouille sausage, and shredded parmesan cheese. Mix in a small amount of white wine and chicken broth.
Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness between two sheets of parchment paper. Salt and pepper, to taste. Spread the spinach mixture over each breast.
Starting at one end roll the chicken up and secure with toothpicks.
Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 35 – 45 minutes. While the chicken bakes make the creole cream sauce. Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and blend in flour until smooth.
Place back on heat and whisk in heavy cream until smooth. Add some fresh thyme. Gradually whisk in chicken broth until blended. Add Cajun and Creole seasonings to your preferred taste. I’m not very brave when it comes to spicy dishes so I stick to a 1/2 teaspoon of each seasoning.
Continue stirring until sauce thicken. Lower heat to low and allow to simmer stirring occasionally while the chicken roasts.
Remove chicken from oven.
Serve with Creole cream sauce and roasted vegetables. For an easy and delicious menu that uses the same oven temperature and roasting time, perfect for cooking the two dishes at the same time, see my Roasted Vegetable recipe. – Ella
Stuffed Chicken Breast
• 1 (5 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves
• 1 (3 ounce) bag sun-dried tomatoes
• 1 andouille sausage, diced
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
• 1 tablespoon white wine
• 2 tablespoon chicken broth
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 tablespoon flour
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
• 3/4 cup chicken broth
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
• 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted.
- In a medium bowl stir in sundried tomatoes, andouille sausage, parmesan cheese, white wine, and chicken broth. Add to spinach.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a flat surface between two layers of parchment paper. Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the spinach mixture onto each breast. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach. Secure with toothpicks and arrange in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 35 – 45 minutes.
- While chicken bakes make the creole spiced cream sauce.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and blend in flour. Place back on heat and gradually whisk in heavy cream until smooth. Add the thyme. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth until blended. Add the Cajun and creole seasoning. Continue stirring until sauce thicken. Lower heat to low and allow to simmer stirring occasionally while the chicken bakes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Drizzle with cream sauce and serve immediately.