I love cooking with color and what better way to add color to your meal than with roasted vegetables. Super easy to make, just wash, chop, and spread on a foiled lined baking sheet brush with some oil and fresh herbs and you have a healthy, nutritious dish.
I like to use potatoes, any type you have on hand will work, I had sweet potatoes on hand so that is what I used in this dish. Asparagus spears and carrots add the desired color. Slice some of the carrots but leave others whole with an inch of the stem attached to provide a nice visual. For flavor add some garlic, onion, fresh herbs. To give the veggies that nice grilled texture brush with oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
So pretty its partially art!
Roasted vegetables are normally set at a high heat but, I prefer to roast at a temperature of 375° for 35 to 45 minutes and broil for the last 5 minutes to give it that nice grilled look.
• 1 large sweet potato, cut into quarters
• 1 bunch asparagus spears
• 1 purple carrot, sliced
• 4-5 orange carrots, whole
• 1 garlic, peeled
• 1 purple onion, sliced
• 1/2 cup frozen corn
• Olive oil
• Fresh thyme, rosemary, oregano, or sage
• Juice of one lemon
• Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Line a heavy 13×9-inch pan with foil. Place the vegetables in a single layer in the pan. Do not crowd the vegetables. Add 1 or 2 heads garlic with the tops trimmed off, several sprigs of thyme, and/or snipped fresh rosemary, oregano, or sage.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil with lemon juice, salt, and ground black pepper. Drizzle the seasoned oil over the vegetables in the pan, using a basting brush to coat the vegetables with the oil.
- Bake 30 – 45 minutes. In the last 5 minutes sprinkle the corn over the veggies.