One of the reasons I love salads so much is for their simplicity. So easy to make but packed with color and flavor.
For this week’s salad, I used pan-seared chicken, added fresh strawberries, red onion, and tossed in some honey roasted pecans all on a bed of soft and buttery Boston lettuce. For fun, I added fried mozzarella cubes instead of shredded cheese.
Place lettuce in a salad bowl. Layer the strawberries, red onion, and chicken breast. Sprinkle the pecans on top. Make the fried mozzarella cubes following the recipe below. Serve with a poppy seed-lemon vinaigrette. – Ella
Fried Mozzarella Cubes
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup breadcrumbs
• 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
• Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
• Vegetable Oil for frying
- Place eggs in a bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in another bowl and salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1” of oil to 375°.
- Dip the cheese in the eggs and coat completely.
- Roll in the breadcrumb covering all sides
- Working batches of 2 and using a large slotted spoon fry in oil. Use the slotted spoon to roll the cubes over and over in the oil until a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place in on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve immediately.