You’ve probably heard the phrase “eat the rainbow,” simply put the color of your food tells you a lot about its nutritional value, and eating a variety of colors is one of the best ways to get as many vitamins and minerals as possible. It’s not only healthy but, pretty as well.
Take this salad, for example, there are two different greens: Romaine and spinach, which presents a light and dark green. Add shredded purple cabbage, diced yellow pepper, chopped tomatoes, julienne white carrot, and spiraled sweet potatoes. Add an egg for additional protein.
Loaded with protein, vitamin D, iron, potassium, calcium, and at 255 calories you can add a cup of soup, or half a sandwich, for the perfect lunch! – Ella
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large egg, boiled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/8 cup yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 small carrot, white, julienne
- ¼ cup sweet potatoes, spiraled
- Layer each of the ingredients in the order listed in a serving bowl. Enjoy with your choice of dressing.